Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Morning





Santa stopped and left lots of nice presents at our house Christmas morning. Hadley got a lounging Elmo that is as big as she is! She was thrilled to see that sitting under the tree and she immediately went to him. The third and fourth pictures are of Mom's special present for Dad. The one where Mike is reading is of him reading this...

Mike, my present to this year requires a story first...
My favorite memory of my life with you to date was the morning the second day we had Hadley home from the hospital. She hadn't slept the entire night and you and I were taking turns just holding her, rocking her and comforting her. I had just woken up and I went into Hadley's room where you guys were. You had turned her rocking chair around so it was looking directly out the window in her room. You had Hadley in your arms and were playing Louis Armstrong on the boombox in her room quietly. I came up to you and looked at you and you had tears in your eyes. I asked you if you were okay and you just looked at me and said, "I am watching the first sunrise with my daughter" and the tears slipped down your face. This gift is something to forever capture that memory.

The painting was painted by one of Mike's high school classmates that is now an accomplished artist. She painted this just for us based on the story I emailed her of that morning. Mike was in love with his gift!!!

No comments: