Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Because....

I recently read an article about why people do races. Whether it be a marathon, triathlon, the iron man, etc. The person writing the article said that most have a "because". It made me think. Actually I didn't have to think too hard. I have had three "because" statements resonating in my head throughout this entire experience, from the moment I decided it was something I wanted to do. Every time I want to stop or give up, I repeat my because statements over and over and over in my head. These are my three...

Because it wasn't cancer....

Because I thought I couldn't and now I think I can....

Because I want to show my daughter you can do anything if you put your mind (and heart) to it....

And that's what I'll be thinking as I cross the finish line.

No comments: