Sunday, April 06, 2008

One of those moments...

Have you ever had one of those moments in time when you just sit back and thank God for that very moment? I had one of those moments this morning, and now, after the day is done, I think I had it because God knew I needed it. Just Hadley and I got up together this morning. We let daddy sleep because he had to work 12 hours yesterday after just getting over the flu. It was a morning that I don't think I could put into words. Nothing extraordinary or especially special happened, it just was and it was wonderful. Norah Jones played in the background while I watched my little girl play with her toys and I marveled at how much she has learned and how much she changes every day. At one point she just came over to me and gave me the biggest hug and patted my back as she did it. I didn't ask her to do it, she just did it. It was such an amazing moment. I wish that I could better describe the way that my heart swelled, but I can't. All I can say is that this morning is one of those that I will remember forever and I thank God for giving it to me.

No comments: