Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day






At the risk of sounding potentially cliche or lame this is how I feel about Mother's Day...

For the past few weeks I have seen commercials on TV or heard them on the radio about Mother's Day approaching. Perhaps the advertisement was for a diamond ring, maybe some flowers, or some other "item" that you have to purchase for your mom to make her feel special. Truth be told, I don't need a bunch of flowers, a hanging plant or even a diamond ring to feel special today for being a mom. I feel special every single day that I was blessed to become a mother. All I need to see is the beautiful smiling face of that little girl in the pictures above and my heart swells with love and pride. Just the simple fact that Mother's Day falls on a Sunday when I don't have to go to work and can hang out with my girl is enough for me. Maybe I'm lame, but it's true, every day is Mother's Day to me.

No comments: