Sunday, January 21, 2007

36 Weeks


Okay, so even I am shocked when I see the size of my tummy. You think that I would be used to it since I carry it around all day every day, but then I see this picture and I am like, "really, I am that big?!?!" It is crazy. I am hoping this is my last "month" picture. I am assuming that we will either have the C-section or go into labor, if the baby turns, by the time I reach 40 weeks, but we shall see. It is funny, I know that this is all going to come so soon, I mean 4 more weeks is nothing really, but at the same time, it feels like FOREVER! I am truly uncomfortable now, I thought I was a couple weeks ago, HA! that was nothing. Thanks to a combo of the rib, the fact that I have to pee every 45 minutes and the large size of my stomach, sleeping is something of the past. My ankles and feet don't even look like they belong to me anymore, it is the weirdest thing, sometimes I look down and can't get over how much they resemble sausages! But, that aside, the excitement is almost killing Mike and I. We think about the fact that technically the baby could come any day now and it would be fine. We are dying to know if bean is a he or she and what he/she will look like. I secretly pray each day that bean inherits Mike's curls. I watch some of these birth stories and am crying with emotion over the fact that it is going to be us, and soon. It is so weird, the whole past 9 months I have been excited and looking forward to the date that the baby would come, but it always felt so far away, now it feels so close and it is amazing! So, that is all for now. We will of course keep you all updated on bean's position and whether or not he/she decided to do a flip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're praying for you guys. and i too hope little bean has some mike curls. they're so luscious.

Anonymous said...

hurry up bean, i want to play.